8 Weeks and Counting

I finally booked my ticket to Bangkok today! I am super excited that I signed up for at least three weeks at the Fitness camp in Hua Hin that I was at last summer for two weeks. I decided that I wanted to stay longer this time around. I also wanted to focus more on the Muay Thai program.

Last summer, the program was very challenging and intense, but I loved it.  I lost 12 pounds in two weeks with all the hard work that went on everyday. This summer I will be doing Muay Thai twice in one day. Once in the a.m and once in the p.m. I will also do yoga for an hour everyday, plus a 7 km walk at 6:00 am with many stairs to climb at the end of the walk. The camp provides three healthy meals a day which I really enjoyed last time. The portions are quite big, and lunch is usually Thai food and dinner is mediterranean food mostly.

This past week I invested in boxing gloves, ankle supports and wraps, so that I don't have to use their stuff. I don't mind using their equipment, but I can wash mine on a regular basis and feel better having my own gear. Last summer, I didn't have the ankle supports and my ankle hurt after awhile because of my past ankle break. I said to myself, that if I ever went back that I would get ankle supports.

The owners know me well as I keep regular contact with them on facebook. They seem thrilled I am going back. The owner told me that I am a hard worker and he knows I'll accomplish quite a bit in three weeks. I have a one way ticket to Bangkok and they will pick me up after I spend a few days relaxing and getting my hair done. I'm thinking of chopping off quite a bit of my hair as I remember how freakin' hot it was last summer while working out all day.

I am super excited to do Muay Thai again as I remember 10 years ago I was at Fairtex training center in Bangkok for three weeks. It was my first time doing Muay Thai and I can't believe that this is my fourth time going back to Thailand to train. I am excited to see the trainers again as they were a joy to work with. I will write often once I arrive in Thailand and also up to my arrival. 

Comments

Popular Posts